On Monday, I asked for you to think about three wishes you would ask for if you were given a genie in a bottle.
What were the three wishes you asked for related to nutrition and fitness?
Were your wishes in words like these statements?
- I don’t want to have excess body fat.
- I don’t want to be so out of breath.
- I don’t want to be weak and frail.
- I don’t want feel out of control of my eating.
- I don’t want to feel like an unsexy beached whale.
Or how about these statements?
- I want to be lean, healthy, and strong.
- I want to be in better shape – quick, resilient, durable, versatile.
- I want to be the Superhero my kids think I am.
- I want to take fewer medications, or get of my medications entirely.
- I want to feel confident in the gym and in my clothes.
The first block of statements is a start, but they don’t define a clear action plan, do they?
Instead, where do you want to go? What do you want?
The second block of statements is way more inspiring.
And gives us a blueprint for taking action.
Your Destination Postcard (Credit: Precision Nutrition)
Imagine you got a postcard from your future self, one-year from today. The postcard highlights the awesome things you’ve done on this journey with PeakFAST. It’s an adult rendition of “if I could go back and tell my teenage self (blank)”.
In one year from today, in an ideal world…
- Where do you want to be?
- What do you want to be doing?
- What do you want to feel?
- What adventures do you want to be having?
Whether it’s competing in a new sport, hiking a mountain, completing your first 5k, or just fitting in your old clothes…imagine where you could be one year from now.
Then go for it!
Never mind how feasible or how realistic this feels right now.
- Make a real or online vision board. Clip photos. Make a Pinterest board.
- Find an object that reminds you of your big adventure and put it near your computer to remind you daily.
- Write yourself a letter to be read in a year about all the success you’ve had (www.futureme.org).
Whatever you do:
- Bring it to life.
- Have fun with it.
- Imagine it.
- Make it just a little more real today.
Today, make time to think about where you want to be one year from now.
And take one small step towards making it happen this weekend.
Please reach out to us if you’d like help reaching your destination.