So today I decided to experiment with breakfast. I’m always looking for new options for protein and veggies in the morning to share with clients.
Have you seen the egg muffins? I thought that would be a great way to get in eggs and veggies.
I started with a basic recipe online but adapted it for my interests. That’s what experimentation is about, right?
I made three different flavors:
- spinach & tomato with pizza flavored herbs
- mushroom and minced garlic
- sweet peppers and onion
I also wanted to bake them with and without the muffin papers to see if one way was better than another. My preference…go without the papers!
The end result: two thumbs up! 👍🏼👍🏼
I would make some revisions to improve them, but they are very easy and delicious!
Some suggestions to be aware of as you try your flavor combinations.
- Mix the herbs/spices in instead of just sprinkling on top. You want that flavor throughout each egg muffin.
- Think about the veggies and if adding them raw is the best choice. I would probably prefer my peppers, mushrooms, and onions cooked a bit before I baked them. Again…just MY preference.
- I used some whole eggs and some egg whites. Determine the best egg mix for you and your goals. May take a few tries before you get the consistency exactly right.
- You can also add meat to them, but I was focusing on veggies this morning.
Here are a couple of links to get you started.
This is where I started and made my own changes.
Check out the use of the silicone muffin cups in this one!
This one has suggested flavor combinations!
Let me know if you give this one a try and the combinations that work best for you!